Well, now that Christmas is over with, I have my annual virus. I haven't had a cold since the end of last January. This is the first time in years that I've gone that long between colds! That's another part of northern Illinois winters that I haven't missed much.
I'm so glad it waited until AFTER Christmas to make its appearance. My head feels like a brick and this afternoon my voice shut down, so the kids know they'd better not not make me have to yell at them. When my voice sounds like this, and I have to yell, they know they're in big trouble. I'm glad I called Mom and Dad yesterday - today they wouldn't be able to hear me!
I'm also glad that it showed up during Christmas break when I'm not trying to muddle through school with the kids - we don't get much of anything accomplished when I'm sick.
So, that's the bright side of it, I guess. The not-so-bright side is the fact that I had to cancel our trip to Tulsa because of it. Dad's blood count is too low to enable him to fight off infection much, and the last thing he needs is for me to show up there and give him this! So they're going to come here next month to visit us instead! I think that'll work a lot better, and we're all looking forward to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment