Thursday, February 21, 2008

Eureka!!

I've been searching for my jump drive for almost two weeks. The last time I'd seen it, it was in my shirt pocket and I was carrying my laptop downstairs to sit on the couch and work on lesson plans. I didn't get them done, though, due to other things that demanded my attention that evening (like the movie Gary was watching...). And that was the last I remembered about the whereabouts of my jump drive.

I wasn't too concerned about it being stolen, as there wasn't any sensitive information on it. It just has some of Collin's schoolwork on it and a copy of my lesson plans for that week. It has a keyring with a little tag that says "school" on it, so there's no mistaking that one with the one Gary has from work. I use it to transfer schoolwork and lesson plans from my laptop to the desktop upstairs for printing. I'd really like to have all our computers networked so I can just send things from the laptop in the schoolroom to the printer upstairs, but that's going to have to wait until Gary has the time to do it.

So, it wasn't that big a deal, but it was really driving me nuts! What in the world did I do with it??

I searched my purse, Mandy's purse (because one never knows), my church bag, my other bags, all the pockets in all the clothes I've worn for the past two months, both vehicles, all the desk drawers, and everywhere else in the house I could think of. No jump drive.

Finally, today I called in the troops. I offered a reward of a free lunch from Sonic for the person who finds my jump drive. That caused Tim to launch into search mode. (Collin would have, too, but he was working on an English essay, and Amy didn't seem too interested.)

I didn't really have much hope of anyone finding it, but to my great surprise ten minutes later, I heard Tim call out, "I FOUND IT!!" It was under the cushion of the couch in the living room. I hadn't remembered sitting there so I didn't look there. ( *smack on forehead* )

So, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to Sonic with my very happy son, and a four-year-old who needs some fries, too. And, just to be nice, I'll probably bring back a slushy for Collin who was stuck doing schoolwork when the missing jump drive search was still on.


No comments: