Monday, November 26, 2007

Conversation with a four-year-old

I have to write this one down now before I forget about it! For once, Mandy slept all night in her OWN bed! This is a rather rare occurance. Last year, for the entire two and a half months that Gary was here in Texas and I was still in Illinois with the kids, Mandy slept all night, every night, in MY bed. Since we've been here in this house, she has been switching back and forth between her bed and ours. Actually, I don't allow her in our bed very often because there isn't room. She's perfectly comfortable sleeping on a blanket on the floor. So, it was a pleasant surprise to wake up this morning to find her still sound asleep in her own bed.

"Time for little girls to wake up!" I said as I rubbed her back.

She stretched and yawned, and in a sleepy voice said, "Can I play with my play dough now?"

I said, "Well, maybe after you've had your breakfast you can."

"But I don't want breakfast; I just want to play with my play dough."

"You slept really good last night, didn't you?" I said. "You slept all night in your own bed!"

"Yeah. I used to sleep in your room when I was a little kid," she said.

"When you were a little kid? Are you a big kid, now?"

"Yes. I'm getting old, Mom."

"YOU'RE getting old? So, what does that make me?" I laughed.

With a sly grin on her face, she said, "Getting KISSED!" And she threw her arms around me and gave me a big kiss.

I think it's going to be a nice day!

No comments: