I guess I'd better be writing something else, as I have to imagine you're probably getting tired of reading about our pork loin! This past week and a half I have felt rather lazy, but I have a good excuse. After having gall bladder surgery, I've been kind of tired. Actually, I think the phrase "really wiped out" is probably more accurate.
I am slowly getting my strength back, but I have good days and bad days. It felt good to be able to do something other than sit in my recliner - I did some housework on Saturday. I got some cleaning done that was long overdue.
I have to watch what I eat VERY carefully for now, and if I eat something my system can't handle, I pay for it for the next three or four days. I've lost another 3-4 pounds because I haven't had much appetite, though it's slowly starting to come back, too. On Sunday afternoon, I actually ate a full meal for the first time in a long time. I tried to be really careful, but I must have eaten something that my system didn't like, because Monday wasn't all that great. Not horrible, but not great, either.
I'll be really happy when I get past this recovery stage - I admit I'm getting rather impatient. I'd like to go back to the way things were before it all started. Maybe I'll get there eventually, but in the meantime I just have to sit back and praise my Father for all that He's done in our lives. It's so easy to praise him when I'm feeling good, but when I'm feeling rotten all I seem to do is gripe and pray that He'll make me feel better. How spoiled I am. I am certainly not suffering like others I know.
God reminded me of that Sunday morning before church - and the hymns seemed to say the same thing - that I need to praise Him in ALL circumstances, whether or not I am feeling well. He gently reminded me that He is working on healing my body, and maybe working on a few other things in my heart, too!
2 comments:
Praying for a full, quick recovery!
Thank you! I am constantly having to remind myself that it's okay to sit and do nothing for an hour or so if I need the rest...but with so much clamoring for my attention it's not easy!
Post a Comment