Friday, November 2, 2007

A Woman of God

Today marks the second week since my gall bladder was officially evicted. Since then, my 17-year-old daughter, Amy, has pretty much taken over the kitchen.

I'm so very pleased with her hard work. It's been a huge relief to me that she has taken care of the cooking so I can recover. She has planned out the meals, done the shopping, and prepared dinner for the family nearly every night since my surgery. Yes, there are still things to be learned, but she's way ahead of where many young ladies are at 17!

She and I are long overdue for a girls' day out, and as soon as I'm up to it we're going to do it.

Amy is well on her way to becoming a faithful woman of God. Thank you, Lord, for giving me this sweet young lady!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful young woman. I am so impressed with her. Not only because of what you mentioned here but in all that I have observed of her. She will make a fantastic wife and mother (just like her momma) someday if it be God's will for her life.