Thursday, October 25, 2007

"How dry I am....."

This weather is SOOO NICE!!!! I love this weather - low 70's, and DRY! I know not everyone likes it this dry, but I do. Yeah, it's kind of hard on the nasal passages and throat, but I don't mind that so much. A little saline solution and a glass of ice water work wonders.

When we lived in Illinois, we NEVER had weather with humidity in the 20's like this! If it got down to 40%, (which was rare) I was really happy. My allergies seem to behave themselves a whole lot better when there isn't so much moisture. Mold and mildew have a hard time causing problems for me in these conditions!

When the weather is this nice, I usually don't have to kick the kids out of the house; they go out on their own accord. The other day the boys were playing baseball in our back yard. Right up until the ball hit the back door, that is! That's when I sent them to the park that's just up the road from our house.

Today, I felt strong enough to walk to the park with them so Mandy could come along (without having to make Amy go!) They had a great time chasing each other all over the plastic playground equipment, which adds an additional dimension of fun in dry weather like this - STATIC! I should have brought my camera along. Mandy's long hair was soon standing straight up!

All three of them had great fun trying to shock each other. They were laughing so much that I had a hard time not laughing too hard with them. It still hurts to laugh too much.

It also made for a good (if rather brief) science lesson on static electricity. I tried to explain the reasons why they were getting shocked without making it into an all-out science class. They weren't too interested in making it into a school day so I didn't press it too much! Why ruin a perfectly good day off with a science lesson?

Well, I have my own opinions on that one, but I'll let it go this time!

No comments: