How do you explain surgery to a four-year-old? That is, without instilling in her an unnecessary fear of the doctor and hospitals?
I had my gall bladder removed on Friday. It's now Monday evening, and my tummy still hurts. I'm at least up and around, now, and I was able to take a shower yesterday (Sunday afternoon). For the first 24 hours after getting home, I literally couldn't move without intense pain, and that was WITH the pain medication. If I went too long without the meds, I couldn't move at all.
I've tried to stay in bed all weekend and avoid moving around as much as possible. I am so blessed to have my husband to help me with everything I need, and he and my 17-year-old daughter, Amy, have kept the household running. Amy has prepared meals for us and is doing a great job.
I'm also blessed to have so many loving friends and relatives praying for me - thank you to all of you! I know everything went well because of your prayers. Mom, I know you told me not to try to do school this week, but I do have to keep Tim up with his reading...and I made Collin keep up with his science lessons...but that's ALL! :) I'm not doing anything else - I PROMISE!
My little one, Mandy, keeps wanting to see my tummy and wants to get me new band-aids for it. She's so tender and compassionate when she sees someone who isn't feeling well. I don't know what I'd do without my sweet girl! It's hard to explain to her about why I'm in so much pain, but I think she's content to be allowed to help out whenever she can. Yesterday she "helped" me get up and walk to the bathroom, just like she saw her daddy doing.
She keeps checking on me every now and then and asking if my tummy still hurts. I'll get better really soon with this kind of care!
No comments:
Post a Comment