Saturday, October 6, 2007

Welcome to the Fold!

I've been reading several of my friends' blogs, and they're all such a blessing that I think I'll join in! So, here's my very first "blog".

I chose "The Fehrenbach Fold" for the title because that's what our home is - the sheepfold for the lambs whom God has so graciously chosen to entrust to us. Our greatest prayer is that He'll continue to enable us to bring them up according to His perfect will, and prepare them for lives of unwavering service in His Kingdom.

Back in my pre-parenthood days, I did some freelance greeting card illustration. The picture at the top of the main page is an illustration I did in 1994. It's titled, "The Shepherd" and it was one of four in a series of Christmas card illustrations. That was the last time I've actually done any serious artwork, as I've been a little busy with other things... :)

I'll try and figure out how to post the entire series -- I'm just figuring out how to use this website so it might not be today. My husband really likes to get his socks and underwear out of the dresser drawer rather than the laundry basket, so I think I'd better get some folding done!

No comments: