Saturday, October 13, 2007

Tickle Me Mandy

Our youngest child is Mandy, a precocious four-year-old who LOVES to be tickled! A few months back, she came up to me out of the blue and said, "I want you to call Grandpa and tell him to come to my house and tickle my tummy."

So, I did!

Unfortunately, Grandpa couldn't come right away (they live in Tulsa, about 12 hours' drive from here), so I was asked to take care of Mandy's request in Grandpa's place until further notice.

I've never seen a child who actually ASKS to be tickled - I think her daily tickling must be like vitamins to her. She just can't get through the whole day without a good dose of it. She'll come up to me and show me her bare tummy, and won't leave me alone until I give her my full attention! I keep tickling until she can't breathe, and then I ask, "Had enough?"

With a mischievous grin, she answers, "No!"

More tickling...face turns blue..."Had enough?"

"No!"

...and so it goes on. Finally I just have to say, "Okay, that's enough for now." I don't want her to overdose, because when Grandpa comes for his next visit, tickling Mandy will be first on his list of things to do!

No comments: