Monday, October 22, 2007

It hurts to laugh!

Now I know where they got the old cliche, "they had me in stitches." Our family does a lot of joking around and laughing, and I can't because it HURTS!!! Gary cracked a joke yesterday that had us both laughing, and it hurt so bad I started crying. I had to have him help me back to bed so my upper abdomen would stop screaming at me. I felt worse at that moment than I did when I first woke up in the recovery room after the surgery.

They started it again at the dinner table tonight, and I had to get up and leave before I started crying. It's downright unfair, too! I don't want to make the kids feel bad that they did something to hurt Mommy, but I also don't want to squelch their fun.

I know it's said that laughter is the best medicine, but in my case, I think I'll have to settle for the pills. At least for a few more days!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Hoping you are able to enjoy the laughter very soon!